Project Support (PMO) Training, Mentoring & Coaching
First timers in the field of project management, this one is for you. This training is an introduction into Project Management and Business Analysis. There are various entry roles in this field; Project Management Officer, Project Support Officer, Project Coordinator, Junior Project manager, Project Assistant etc. This training will prepare you to take up any of these roles.
It is 4 weeks training and after the sessions are complete then you would be placed on a real project as part of a team for 3-4months depending on the project. This way, it is not only what you learn in the classroom but what you do practically that counts towards your experience.
This course is suitable for new project managers/support officers with little or no project management knowledge who would like to adopt a more structured approach to project management and to gain practical work experience.
The set up will see Delegates attend 4 Days Training Sessions (Spread across 4 weeks) and Participate in their assigned project’s delivery during the week. Delegates will be assigned tasks as part of their role which they would need to submit at the end of each week.
Almond Careers will provide all the Tools and Templates used in the project environment.
Week 1 :Introduction to the PMO environment
- PRINCE 2 Definition of Project
- Five Project Characteristics
- Six Project Variables
- Lunching your Project
- Apply a Project Framework (PRINCE 2, SCRUM)
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT METHODOLOGY
- PRINCE 2
- Four integrated Elements of PRINCE2
- The Seven PRINCE2 Principles
- The Seven PRINCE2 Themes
- The Seven PRINCE2 Processes
- How does it apply?
- Establish Roles and Responsibilities within the project environment
- RACI Management
- RAID LOGS
- (RAG STATUS)
- Manage in Stages
- Create Stage Boundaries
- Stage Deliverables
- Stage Highlight Reports
- Approval and Progression
- Lesson Learned
Week 2 : Business Analysis
- Business Case
- Feasibility Study
- One-on-one interviews
- Facilitated sessions (Workshops)
- Use cases
- Types of Requirement
- Prioritise user requirements – MOSCOW
- Organisational Structure
- Process Mapping
- Communication Structure
- Change Management
- Types of Change
- Change within a controlled Environment
- Change Management Tool
- Impact Assessment
- Quality Assurance
- The PMO environment
Week 3 : An Introduction to Agile (Scrum)
- Characteristics OF SCRUM
- The Agile Manifesto–a statement of values
- Putting it all together
- Scrum framework
- Product owner
- The ScrumMaster
- The team
- Sprint planning
- The daily scrum
- The sprint review
- Sprint retrospective
- Scrum framework
- Product backlog
- The sprint goal
- Managing the sprint backlog
- A sprint burndown chart
- Factors in scaling
- Scrum of scrums of scrums
Week 4 : CV workshop
- Understand the context of the project
- Understand Project delivery Framework (PRINCE 2 & SCRUM)
- Review the impact of Risks and Issues
- Understand the methods used for controlling projects
- Use techniques to manage change
- Prepare a network diagram and carry out critical path analysis (Using MS Project)
- Use MS Project for project planning and MS Visio for process mapping
- Support requirement gathering
- RACI Matrix and its application
- Communication plans and Reporting on milestones
- Understand the principles and practice of project handover and post-project review.
- Project Support Officer
- Project Management Officer
- Junior Project Manager
- Junior Business Analyst
Project Support (PMO)
Role Training Course
4 weeks for classroom training. Min of 3 months practical experience and you continue on the project until it’s delivered.
£699 VAT Inc.
Payment will allow you book an upcoming Batch.
Registration Fee is part-payment & non-refundable.